Chef Manish Mehrotra of Indian Accent
Preparation Time 20 Mins:
Cooking Time 25-30 Mins; Serves 4-5
- Boneless Chicken Thigh 250 Gm
- Basil 10 Gm
- Chopped Ginger 15 Gm
- Chopped Garlic 20 Gm
- Chopped Green Chillies 10 Gm (About 2 Small Chillies)
- Vegetable Oil 45 Ml
- Salt 2 Tsp (10 Gm)
- Red Chilli Powder 1 Tsp (5 Gm)
- Coriander Powder 1 Tbsp (15 Gm)
- Garam Masala 1/2 Tsp (2.5 Gm)
- Pure Maple Syrup 60 Ml
- Chopped Coriander Leaves 30 Gm
- Lemon Juice 20 Ml
- All-purpose Flour 250 Gm
- Carom Seeds 1/2tsp (2.5 Gm)
- Salt 1 Tsp (5 Gm)
- Vegetable Oil 20 Ml
- Water 125-150 Ml
- Cut the chicken in to small dices.
- Saute garlic and ginger in a pan till golden and then add green chillies. Add the chicken and sauté for about 4-5 mins.
- Add the red chilly powder, coriander powder and salt and sauté for another 3-4 mins.
- Cook till the chicken is almost done and add garam masala and pure maple syrup.
- Sauté the chicken for another minute till dry.
- Finish with chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Set the chicken aside to cool.
- For the casing -rub the flour, salt and oil together till mixed well. Add the carom seeds and then add water to knead the dough to a smooth consistency.
- Knead the dough for a minute till completely smooth and non sticky. Let it rest for 20 mins covered with a cling film.
- Make a small ball of the dough (about 20-25 gm) and roll thinly.
- Cut into half, and fold it from the rounded edge to make a hollow cone.
- Stuff the chicken mix inside and seal the edges with a little water.
- Fry them in medium hot oil till golden and crispy.