- 2 slices of chicken thigh meat (cut into 2 to 3 cm cubes)
- flour as needed
- 3 tablespoons medium or amber maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 piece (around 2 cm) raw ginger thinly sliced
- oil for deep frying, 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 scallion cut into large chunks
- 2 red peppers (seeds removed and minced)
Seasoning for the chicken:
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon medium maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ginger juices (from fresh ginger)
- salt, coarsely ground pepper as desired
- Combine the chicken with the seasoning and leave it for 20 minutes. Then remove the excess moisture from the chicken and dredge it with flour.
- While the oil for deep frying is cold, add the cashew nuts and place it over medium heat, frying the cashews until they turn golden brown. Then fry the chicken from 1 until it becomes crisp and golden.
- Place the thinly sliced ginger and maple syrup in a wok and simmer. When it is slightly boiled down, add the soy sauce and boil up again.
- Add the fried chicken and cashew nuts from 2, the red pepper, scallion, and pepper to finish. If desired, finish with a dash of coarsely ground salt.