- 125 ml (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 170 ml (2/3 cup) water
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
Maple-glazed root vegetables
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small celeriac, peeled and diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) flat parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the dough, add butter and water to a saucepan, then bring to a boil. Remove from heat, add flour and salt, then mix to a stiff dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, sauté all vegetables in olive oil and maple syrup for 5 minutes. Add parsley, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Place rack in middle of oven and preheat to 190 °C (375 °F). Roll out dough with a rolling pin and cut into 15-cm (6″) discs. Place discs in muffin moulds and fill each with an equal amount of root vegetables. Seal each parcel by pinching dough sides together firmly.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before removing from moulds.