- ½ cup Whole Almonds
- ½ cup Whole Cashews
- ½ cup Big raisins
- ½ cup Pistachios
- ½ cup Walnuts
- 8-10 dried Figs
- ½ cup dried coconut
- ½ cup Clarified butter / Ghee
- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Dry ginger powder
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 3 sprigs of saffron
- 2 tbsp Dried rose petals (to decorate)
- Soak almonds, cashew nuts, big raisins, pistachios and walnuts in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Soak figs in another bowl.
- Cut the soaked figs into small pieces and remove the seeds.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Fry the coconut till slightly browned.Remove in a plate.
- Drain the water from the dry fruits and add them in the pan.
- Add the fried coconut.
- Add pure maple syrup, black pepper powder, cinnamon powder, dry ginger powder, cardamom powder, saffron and rose petals in the pan.
- Cook till the maple syrup thickens and sticks to the dried fruits.
If making it for later use, reheat before serving.
These recipes are brought to you by Maple from Canada. This holiday season, we are celebrating with desserts from all over India in our Maple Mithai Box, made using 100% pure maple syrup. Click here and travel the country with us as we infuse pure maple syrup into your favourite regional desserts!