- 2 cups dhuli urad dal (soaked in water overnight)
- 3 cups pure maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- Saffron color
- 1/2 tsp cardamom ground
- 500 g ghee to fry
- Wash, drain and grind the daal with minimum water and mix in the colour.
- Beat daal well till fluffy, a drop dropped in water should float.
- Set aside to ferment for 3-4 hours in Summer, longer in Winter.
- Reduce pure maple syrup to a thick consistency and add cardamom powder to it.
- Pipe the batter with a nozzle or cloth with a hole, to form imartis straight into the hot ghee.
- Lower flame and allow to crisp turning once.
- Remove from ghee, drop into the hot maple syrup for about 3-4 minutes, drain and serve.
These recipes are brought to you by Maple from Canada. This holiday season, we are celebrating with desserts from all over India in our Maple Mithai Box, made using 100% pure maple syrup. Click here and travel the country with us as we infuse pure maple syrup into your favourite regional desserts!