- 1.9 litre full cream milk
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 125 ml pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp almonds or pistachios to garnish
- Boil full cream milk in a thick bottomed pan, stir occasionally.
- Turn down the heat to add lemon juice and mix well until the milk hurdles.
- Drain off the curdled milk using cloth.
- Rinse with cold water, making sure the paneer remains soft and removes lemon flavour.
- Squeeze the paneer and drain off the water.
- Hang the cloth along with curdled milk for about 30 minutes and then, mash it till it becomes soft.
- Add pure maple syrup and mix well.
- Cook the prepared paneer dough in a kadai on low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Add in cardamom powder, mix well and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut out squares from the dough and garnish with some almond and pistachios.
These recipes are brought to you by Maple from Canada. This holiday season, we are celebrating with desserts from all over India in our Maple Mithai Box, made using 100% pure maple syrup. Click here and travel the country with us as we infuse pure maple syrup into your favourite regional desserts!