- 250 ml (1 cup) blanched hazelnuts (from fine foods stores)
- 250 ml (1 cup) maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Add hazelnuts and maple syrup to a saucepan. Over high heat, cook 3 to 5 minutes or until nuts are golden brown and fragrant. Add cocoa and salt, mix well and remove from heat. Spread on parchment paper and let cool.
- Break praline into pieces, put into a food processor and add butter. Pulse until uniform but still granular texture.
- Pour into a pastry bag with a #5 plain tip and fill cake.