By, Archit Agarwal
(makes 2 patties)
- 1 beetroot, washed, peeled, and roughly chopped
- ½ cup boiled chickpeas
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup from Canada
- In a food processor, add veggies and blitz for a couple of pulses. Add spices, blitz, and slowly pour in water and about a teaspoon of oil until the mix is a coarse paste.
- Take out and make in round patties, and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan on medium high heat, add balsamic vinegar and pure maple syrup. Let the mix come to a simmer and then put the heat on low.
- Stir well for about 15 minutes until the vinegar has the consistency of chocolate syrup.
- In a skillet, add oil and heat on medium-low heat. Place patties and press lightly to your desired shape. Cook on both sides for about 5 minutes.
- To plate, take the toasted bun, place the patty, a drizzle your balsamic reduction, and top with other preferred burger accoutrements.