Chef Manish Mehrotra of Indian Accent
Preparation Time 20 Mins:
Cooking Time 10-15 Mins; Serves 4-5
- Full Fat Milk 2 Ltr
- Gobindo Bhog Rice 120 Gm (Or Any Other Rice Available)
- Pure Maple Syrup 100 Ml
- Dried Figs 100 Gm
- Pistachio 25 Gm
- Soak the rice and dried figs in water (separately) for about 20 mins. Drain the water from the figs after 20 mins and chop them roughly.
- Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan, after a boil, reduce the heat and simmer till milk is reduced to half the original volume.
- Add the soaked rice, after draining the water and cook on low heat till rice is cooked well and the mix thickens.
- Cook for further 15 mins on low heat till the kheer is thick and creamy .
- Set aside to cool. Once cool add the pure maple syrup and mix well, add the chopped figs.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios before serving.