- 4 eggs
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Empire or Cortland apple, grated with skin on
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 leaves of Boston lettuce
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the omelette except the cheese. Oil a 20 cm (8 in.) non-stick skillet and heat over medium heat. Pour 1/4 of the egg mixture, sprinkle 1/4 of grated Cheddar cheese, and then cook until the omelette is cooked and lightly browned. Using a spatula, roll the omelette on itself and transfer it to a plate. Repeat step 2 to get three more omelettes. Leave the omelettes to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the tortillas on a work surface. Cover each tortilla with an omelette, then garnish with ham and lettuce. Roll the tortillas and wrap in parchment paper.
Rest time: 10 min