By Shivesh Bhatia, Bake With Shivesh
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 large apples, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 4 large apples, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, mix butter and pure maple syrup from Canada.
- Mix in flour and oats and beat until the dough begins to come together.
- Knead the dough and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes or until the dough is firm.
- Roll out the dough and line a 9″ tart pan with the rolled out dough. Chill in the freezer for another 15 minutes. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Use a fork to prick the chilled tart shell and bake at 180C for 10 minutes until the tart shell is golden-brown.
- To make the filling, cook the cubed apple, cinnamon and pure maple syrup from Canada in a saucepan set over medium heat. Let the apples break down completely.
- Pour the filling into the tart shell. Arrange the apple slices on top.
- Bake the tart again for 15 minutes at 180C. Brush with maple syrup once the tart is baked