By Ankiet Gulabani, Belly Over Mind
- 200 g Soba noodles 200g (you can buy brands like Red Dragon available locally)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 100g Green peas
- 1 or 1/2 pummelo Grapefruit, peeled and segments removed
- A handful of arugula, torn roughly and refreshed
- 100g Peanuts, lightly toasted and crushed
- 3 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped roughly
For the dressing:
- 50ml Coconut milk
- 1-inch piece Ginger, freshly grated
- 1/2-inch piece Turmeric, freshly grated
- 1 Carrot, preferably a long red carrot, peeled
- 2 Green chillies
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Blended sesame oil
- 100% pure maple syrup from Canada 1-2 tbsp depending on how sweet you want it
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 small Red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and drop the soba noodles in once you’ve brought the water up to a rolling boil with a heaped teaspoon of salt.
- Cook the noodles for 4-5 minutes or until it is cooked through but with a bit of bite still left to it.
- Drain the noodles and run them under cold water. Set aside.
- To the same pot of boiling water, add the peas and blanch them for a whole minute, then drain and shock the peas in ice cold water. Set this aside as well.
- In a high power blender, add all the ingredients for the dressing and adjust the salt and the vinegar if necessary.
- When it’s ready to serve, toss the soba noodles using chopsticks or two forks with the dressing, grapefruit segments or pummelo, coriander, arugula, green peas and sprinkle over the chopped, lightly toasted peanuts.