By Shivesh Bhatia, Bake with Shivesh
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 + ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup peaches, diced
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line two 8” round cake pans with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, beat butter, pure maple syrup from Canada and vanilla on high speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until everything is well incorporated.
- Beat in the sour cream.
- Using a spatula, fold in the flour and baking powder. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in the peaches into the batter. Transfer the batter into the prepared cake pans and bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Once the cakes have cooled completely, stack them together with whipped cream in the middle. Top with fresh peaches, blueberries, mint leaves and hazelnuts