- 1 cup diced tomatoes,
- ½ red onion sliced thinly in half-moons
- 1/3 cup red vinegar (you can use apple vinegar too)
- 2/3 cups 100% Pure Maple Syrup from Canada
- A pinch of Red chili powder (Optional)
- Place all ingredients into a large pan on a medium heat. Stir to combine, and stir occasionally, but let it simmer in medium heat for 30 min.
- Lightly toast the bread, remove the crust
- Spread the Maple Chutney on the bread
- You can add lightly cooked paneer, or sliced cucumber, or slices of cheese.
- Have 2 layers of bread with chutney in between, and then cut into 4 little square bite-size sandwiches.
- Garnish with greens and pack to serve outdoors.