- 1 cup butter
- ⅔ cup 100% pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 egg or 1 tsp flax seed soaked in water for 3 hours
- 2 ½ flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Beat 1 cup butter and ⅔ cup pure maple syrup from Canada together using hand mixer for 2-3 min, until fluffy.
- Add 1 egg (or egg replacement, I use 1 tsp flax seed soaked in water for 3 hours).
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add to the butter mixture . Mix for 1 min until the dough comes together
- Keep in the fridge for 1 hour, and then roll the dough into ¼ thick disks, and cut the shapes of the cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and line the cooking tray with cooking parchment paper
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 min only, as soon as a bit of golden color comes up, it is a sign that they are ready.
For the icing:
- Combine 1 cup butter with 2/3 cups of Pure Maple Syrup from Canada.
- Beat it on medium speed of the mixer until it becomes very light and fluffy.
- Add 2 tbsp thick cream, beat again for 5 min and then, refrigerate for 15 min.
- You can pipe the icing on each cookie and “sandwich” it with the second cookie. Or simply use the spoon (1 tsp of icing on 1 cookie).