- 4 egg whites
- 1 ml cream of tartar
- 250 ml maple syrup
- 15 ml cornstarch
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 125 ml maple syrup
- Strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C (300 °F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a glass and a pencil, trace 12 circles about 7 cm (2 3/4 in.) in diameter each. In a large bowl, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar with a hand mixer until you get soft peaks.
- Now gradually add the maple syrup and cornstarch and continue beating until your mixture forms firm peaks
- If all these different peaks have got you mixed up, ask a grown-up to help you
- .Spoon your mixture into the circles traced on the baking sheet, then form a well in the center of each.
- Bake for 90 minutes (or until the meringue is golden brown). While it bakes, you can whip the cream with the maple syrup.
- Once you remove your meringue from the oven, let it cool completely before you fill each round with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.