By Radhika (Sugar& Spice)
- 250 g Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- ½ cup Softened Butter
- 160 ml Maple syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Milk
- 150 g Unsalted butter
- ¼ Maple syrup
- ½ Vanilla extract
- Rose petals
- Chopped pistachios
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and cardamom powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one by one, followed by the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix everything until they’re properly combined.
- Mix the ingredients in both the bowl together using a spatula.
- Mix until you’ve used up all the dry ingredients and the milk. You should have a smooth mixture at the end.
- Pour it in a non stick 8″ wide x 3″ deep cake tin. Bake at 170 degrees Celsius in a preheated oven for 25-30 mins. Check your cake after 25 mins, if its not done bake for additional 5 mins.
- Let the cake cool for atleast 2 hrs.
- For the frosting, whisk the butter until its light and fluffy. Add in the maple syrup in a steady stream while constantly whisking along with vanilla extract.
- When you’re ready to frost, split the cake in half along the width, into 2 layers. Drop dollops of the maple frosting between the 2 layers and sandwich them together. Drop the remaining frosting on top of the cake and spread with an offset spatula to even it out.
- Decorate with some chopped pistachios, rose petals and drizzle some maple syrup on top before serving.